Monday, December 19, 2011

Gandhi

When will we own ourselves completely?
Some say when we stop judging others and being judged.

I was one of them.

But then a wise friend told me that 
"Judging doesn't make you a uniquely horrible person; it matters instead if you act on your judgments."

So. I judge people.
                                                                                                              
I pay attention to their actions and expressions.
I see their good intentions.
I admire their determination.


I never get tired of seeing the intricacies of human life,
Of feeling the weight of their soul in my hands, admiring their sparkling hopes and their powerful wings laced with veins of emotion.
To see the expanse of their potential
Is exhilarating to me,
To understand that this beautiful soul is owned by itself and nothing else.


I admire their uniqueness.
I keep forgetting faults are a bad thing.
It shows growth,
It shows humanity,
It shows a need for love and something better.
I respect their faults.
I get lost in the beauty of other people so often that
I keep forgetting to own myself.

I think we will own ourselves completely when we understand
This beautiful thing called humanity,
When we aren’t afraid to judge without acting on our judgments,
When we aren’t afraid to hold those fluttering crystalline souls in our hands
And see the light in each other’s eyes.
And though you may judge me for it,
Tonight is not the last time I’ll see the light.

1 comment:

Maria Williams said...

This is so good! "...feeling the weight of their soul in my hands..." "...keep forgetting faults are a bad thing." So good! I love the whole idea of the post.