Friday, September 9, 2011

YOU

I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like notes think about music,
Like keys think about playing,
Like skies think about changing
And light thinks about dancing. 
I'm thinking abouyou like dandelion seeds think about wishes
And their one chance to fly. 
I'm thinking about you like that fly thinks about buzzing 
In your room all night long
(what is with that?)
Cuz I can't sleep with the thoughts of you keeping me up late
And I wish it was you I was keeping company with
(not some annoying fly).

I'm thinking about you
Like hot chocolate thinks about marshmallows,
Like shoulders think about touching,
Like hearts think about racing
And traffic thinks about rushing
And runners think about sprinting
And time
Thinks about standing still
Just to see you smile.

I'm thinking about you like fingers think about drumming,
Like lips think about humming,
Like my head thinks about staying but
My heart thinks about going. 
I'm thinking about you
Like waves think about breaking
The way my heart does when you leave. 

I'm thinking about you,
Like feet think about kicking off shoes and running through sprinklers,
Like macaroni thinks about how cheesy it is
To be a perfect match.

I'm thinking about you
Like pens think about ink
Bleeding onto a page and forming words bursting to be said. 
I’m thinking about you like clocks think about numbers 
Like stars think about falling. 
Whenever I see a star holding
On to the sky, I pray it falls
just to wish
for you

I’m thinking about you
Like the world thinks about shifting,
Like people think about existence,
Like radicals think about becoming,
Like dreams think about hope,
Like I hope you think about me as much as I think about you
I'm thinking about you like
Like sounds think about shapes
And four thinks about blue,
Like people think I'm crazy but I don't care because
I can't think about
anyone
but
you.


 -effervescent laughter

4 comments:

Misharia said...

I really like the fly analogy! awesome job!

Brooke Slade said...

i really like the line "Like my head thinks about staying but
My heart thinks about going." this whole thing is really great!

Maria Williams said...

I like the "What is with that?" Nice touch.

tinman said...

"And time
Thinks about standing still"
Ahh! Awesome! I read that paragraph three times before I got my brain to stop involuntarily pausing after time. The pacing for this whole thing is awesome, as well as all of the analogies. Awesome stuff.