Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Eleventh Color

Ever wonder why we only see a total of ten basic colors, at most? I mean, there are in between colors, but why isn't there eleven? 


I sometimes wonder what it would look like, the eleventh color. I see more colors than I was meant to, flickering across pages and music.  But I can't help but feel I only have a taste.  

I think it would look like the feeling of raspberry ice cream falling off your cone to the grey pavement, only to be caught by someone you hadn't forgotten.  

Or maybe it would look the way a brand new pen feels sliding across someone's skin, writing a phone number.  

Sometimes, on rainy days, the eleventh color is like a broken goodbye, lodged in my throat. 

I wonder... 
what is your eleventh color? :)

~effervescent laughter

4 comments:

Maria Williams said...

Way good! You do so well on this post in creating images. "A broken goodbye, lodged in my throat." "...by someone you hadn't forgotten." Love it!

Lindsi Rae Burr said...

I freaking love this in every way.
Your imagery is sublime. and packed with emotion, wickedly well done.

Zoolander said...

you have such great word choice, the imagery is awesome. "what is your eleventh color?" i love it!

d bowie said...

This is the coolest thing i've ever read!! Love it!!