Friday, October 7, 2011

Listen

I hear you.  Your low voice, with its slight accent and rich vowels colliding with consonantsYour voice, with its wide grin like a slit throat bleeding words into my hands.  You take my hands, point them toward life, toward whatever new thing you want me to see.  Your hands reach high, tracing the air as you leap across the trampoline, touching the black surface as you flip across it, too close to the edge.  I scream. 
But you can't hear me.



~ effervescent laughter

7 comments:

Hershel Raspberry-Crumble said...

i like this... its kind of creepy, like the
i scream.
but you cant hear me scream.

but cool! love your blog!

Jodi Picoult said...

I really liked this :D
It made me think back to one of my experiences in life... WOW!
keep it up :):P

Mikaela Ator said...

This is beautiful.
Really cool wording

Lindsi Rae Burr said...

This makes me want to scream because you are wicked talented at writing. You put imagery where it has never been before, your words are so. freaking. good.
this is incredible, i love it.
all of it.

Malcolm Gladwell said...

Did someone get roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris? Good job..

Brooke Slade said...

Really good post! Very deep and meaningful!

Maria Williams said...

Loved it! Way good.